Sunday, April 18, 2010

Food, Zoo Run, Packing, Lounging

Friday:

Right after school I drove to Sarah's apt and we went and ate dinner at Pei Wei. I paid in CASH this time because I'm almost positive that's who stole my credit card number last time I was there. Their food is just too good to keep me away. After dinner we went to Target to browse and pick up some Cliff Bars and Gatorade for our race on Saturday. I also bought myself a little something extra...don't make fun, you know you like him too.


It was only $7.99! How could I resist?

We came home, watched a little Flight of the Concords, laid out our race clothes, and went to bed.

Saturday:

We woke up at 5:30 in the freakin morning. Neither of us are morning people, so this wasn't very fun. It was kind of cold and drizzly the whole morning, so I was nervous the race would be canceled. Mine started at 7:00 and luckily it hadn't started raining yet. The path for the race was really cool. The first mile went through the zoo. We passed the hippos, zebras, tons of different birds, and the elephants. It was easy running because you had so much to look at! The rest of the race was around TCU and the surrounding neighborhoods. There were some amazing houses we passed and I couldn't help day dreaming. Around mile 4 it started raining pretty hard. I didn't mind it and I actually thought it was kind of fun. I was laughing at the ladies who got all dressed up and did their make up. I mean really? Why do you need to fix your hair Kate Gosselin style and put on 5 lbs of make up to run 6 miles? I for sure did not. The race ended back towards the entrance to the zoo. I was really proud of myself when I finished. I didn't set any records by any means, but I had fun and ran the whole thing. Sarah's started at 8:30, so while she was running I went and checked out the free goodies. I got everything I could hold and went and put it in the car. When Sarah finished her race we went back and got MORE FREE FOOD! woohoo! Here's all the sweet treats we got, complete with a Twilight apple...



By this point it was raining pretty hard, so we decided to hold off on actually going to the zoo and save our ticket for a better day. We went home, got dressed, cried b/c we were so tired, and then went to lunch. We were going to try a new place, but being the boring people we are we decided to go to our favorite spot, Fuzzy's. Amy, this is where I'm taking you when you come...get excited!! We treated ourselves with a little alcoholic beverage for doing such a good job!



There's a ghost or something behind Sarah I think.

After lunch we went and signed our lease! yahoo! It's finally official!!! Then, the worst part of the day, I had to go to work. Boo.

Sunday:

I woke up feeling a little sore. Probably because I only stretched about .5 seconds yesterday. Bad idea. I started packing my room up a little and then decided to tackle the dresser project. My dresser is painted chocolate brown right now, and I want it dark purple for my new apt. I took out some drawers and then had to run down stairs to get a screw driver. When I came back this is what I found..

Yes, he only has one eye. Please don't laugh, he's very self conscious. I started sanding and scraping the paint off, but didn't get very far. I got a little tired of it and my hand hurt. I'll try again tomorrow. Now I'm sitting on the couch waiting for the Mavs game to start!!! GO MAVS!!!


wow, this was a long post.

1 comment:

  1. yay for your race! im so proud! and i loooove fuzzys!!!

    ReplyDelete