Sunday, August 1, 2010

this could very easily turn into a foodie blog...

It's been a while, but I'm back again! I'll post some stuff about our NYC trip tomorrow, but right now I wanted to brag about my amazing culinary skills. This post is mainly for Linds since she asked for this recipe. A couple of weeks ago I made Spinach Fettucine Alfredo with shrimp. I found the recipe from Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen which I loooove. So here it is in all it's glory...

Ingredients

  • 2 Tablespoons Butter

  • 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil

  • 1 whole Onion, Chopped

  • 3 cloves Garlic, Minced

  • 1 bag (6 Oz. Bag) Fresh Packaged Spinach

  • 1 package (16 Oz. Package) Fettucine Pasta

  • ½ pints Heavy Cream

  • 2 cups Grated Parmesan Cheese

  • Salt

  • Fresh Ground Pepper

Preparation Instructions

Put a large pot of salted water to boil.
Melt butter and olive oil in a pan.
Add onion and cook until translucent
Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add spinach and let it wilt, stirring occasionally.
Add pasta to boiling water.
Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese to onion, garlic, and spinach mixture; stir to combine.
Add salt to taste.
Let it simmer until heated through and pasta is done.
Drain the pasta and pour the sauce over it, mixing with tongs or pasta spoon.

Serve with fresh ground pepper!


Let me know if you (Lindsay) make it, I want to know how it turns out!



1 comment:

  1. thanks!! i was actually going to text you yesterday to send me this so you basically read my mind!

    ReplyDelete